In the plant sludge drying beds for sludge dewatering were used. This method required lots of labor and constant maintenance. Due to this reason, the customer was looking for the efficient and minimal maintenance solution.
On-site pilot tests were carried out, using mobile dewatering unit MDQ-201, to find the best dewatering technology. According to the test results EKOTON offered sludge dewatering complex based on Multi-disc Screw
Press Dehydrator MDQ-354(2) CL. The complex includes – influent sludge feed pump, polymer feeder, three screw conveyors and service platform.
- TYPE OF SLUDGE – aerobically digested excess sludge
- OPERATING TIME – up to 8 h/day, 3 days/week
- UNIT SLUDGE SUPPLY – up to 40 (80*) gpm / up to 700 (880*) lbDS/h
- INLET SLUDGE DS CONTENT – 3.5 %
- CAKE DS CONTENT – approx. 22-23 %
- POLYMER CONSUMPTION – 3.5 gal/tonDS
- TSS CONCENTRATION IN FILTRATE – 200 ppm
- DS CAPTURE RATE – 99.4%
*in case of adding two additional dewatering drums.